Monday 2 July 2012

What I Wore: 'Home'.

I went into Reading on Saturday, which is a lot better for shopping than I was expecting. I'm a bit limited for spending money at the moment as my holiday is coming up next week but I did treat myself to a couple of things while I was there.

Here's what I wore yesterday, I had planned on doing something with my Sunday afternoon but ended up cooking a roast dinner and playing video games as the weather wasn't that nice and I had work in the evening so there wasn't a lot of time.

Shirt: Cath Kidston
Lady Tie: Flapper Girl
Trousers: New Look
Shoes: ASOS

I'm totally in love with these blue shoes I got last week in the ASOS sale and I've been wearing them with everything. This is one of my favourite outfits I've worn recently, it's so comfortable while still being quite nice to look at. The Cath Kidston sale was definitely my friend this weekend, and I picked up this darling shirt for £20 marked down from £38!


I've been in serious need of starting to wear my lady ties from Flapper Girl again recently. I love them but as it's (meant to be) Summer, there's slightly less call for doing things up to the collar. I love this tie with this outfit though and think it really compliments the colour of my trousers. Also, because of the fit of the shirt, it's just really nice to wear it rather than worrying about being uncomfortable.


I'd actually spotted this shirt a little while ago but it was really out of my price range and I had totally forgotten about it. I'm so glad I found it again and it's already my favourite shirt thanks to the flattering fit and print — I can't explain how pleased I was when I tried it on at home and it wasn't 'booby'. I'm umming and ahhing as to whether it would be alright to take to Turkey, but it's pretty lightweight so it's probably on the list.

This is the other thing I picked up in Reading, also from the Cath Kidston sale. I know they're a little novel but I couldn't resist their cuteness, I'm going to pin them to everything!

I know this song is kind of old now, as well as apparently coming back into popularity due to someone covering it on America's Got Talent, but it's one of the loveliest songs I've heard this year. It's just such an uplifting track and there's so much warmth in their vocals it makes me feel a little bit fuzzy inside.

4 comments:

  1. Oh WOW! I want that pin, it's so gorgeous! I really like the top too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your outfit it's so cute!
    Now following :)
    http://gemsies.blogspot.com/
    Gemma xxx

    ReplyDelete

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: