Monday 26 September 2011

Another weekend post.

Because at the moment I've been spending nearly every weekday applying for jobs and trying to keep myself busy, I very rarely feel that I should be allowing myself time to get out there and take photographs. It's kind of a sad opening sentence, but I believe it to be very true anyway. It does feel quite silly to tell people I'm not really looking for 'photography things' anymore and I can tell people think it's unimpressive that I still don't even have a normal job so it's no wonder that I'm really finding the whole job hunting experience both depressing and repressive, not to mention pretty stressful.

I have been seeing the weekends as my down time (as though I was a normal person who has a job), no one replies to application emails at weekends anyway. So, I took this weekend to spend some time with Moon in Beare Green. He is feeling equally downtrodden about being lacking in the job department, but he has the added pressure of a dissertation still to do! I got round to finishing 'New Life Stories', the David Attenborough book that Moon bought me for my birthday, I even brought my scrapbook thinking that Moon would have his face in his laptop. It turned out to be quite a good weekend though, we met up with some friends at the pub, had a nose around Crawley and went to a carboot. We also baked the most amazing cookies!

It was just really nice and I enjoyed myself, after probably one of the most boring/frustrating weeks so far, it really does suck not living with each other anymore.

Here are some photos both from last week which don't really fit anywhere else and some photos from the weekend, which is what this post is meant to be about.
This is my Job Seekers booklet, I hate how meticulous it is and basically everything it stands for. I thought I would share it with you in this post because I was unsure when I would have the chance to do so again. I signed on again today, but due to being early (which is meant to be good), it was another wasted appointment, so that was good...

From a passage in 'New Life Stories', it brought a smile to my face.


On the way back from Crawley we passed the road leading up to my old house. We did a creepy thing and drove up it so I could show Moon where I used to live. It was probably the best place I've ever lived and where I remember being happiest in my childhood. There are so many surrounding fields and it's beautiful - I lived in the house on the left, the one of the right used to be a manor house but is now posh flats. It was nice to see that nothing had really changed much.

This is the carboot that Moon took me to on Sunday, it really was great. I think it will be really useful when it comes to furnishing our first place together because everything was so cheap!



There was a lot of character there, which is why I got my camera out, obviously not because I generally love carboot sales. It was nice to document the area, even if I only had my 35mm lens on me.





I thought this black cab being there was quite intriguing, doesn't Stephen Fry drive one of these?



We didn't walk away empty handed either! We stumbled across a pitch that was selling some really cute Scooby Doo and Simpsons glasses that had been collected with Nutella. They were only 30p so we got three of each, you know, just for our someday home.


I think I enjoyed the carboot best, I also think that if I hadn't have been so ridiculously hungry (I don't even know), I would have enjoyed it more. I was also in a hurry because I wanted to have a quick chat with my Gran before I left back for New Malden. I think when I go next time I will try and be in less of a rush.

I've got a face-to-face interview tomorrow, first one I've had in a while, I hope it goes better than the telephone interview I had last week, I didn't get that job because they wanted someone who knew less...

Favourite recent links
  • Kaylah from The Dainty Squid posted a DIY Stawberry Nails tutorial, which I'll definitely be trying out when I get bored of my current manicure.
  • Gem Fatales London Fashion Week Vlogs are nice.
  • Signed up to Hello You Creatives by accident after a mistake while taking referrals from a graduate recruitment agency, but they actually post some really good stuff both on Tumblr and their Facebook. They also have Twitter, it's more fun and less serious but they do have a few opportunities available for creative people if you really look.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

    You might also like: