Sunday 18 September 2011

Hola.

I feel like I've been too busy so I haven't really had time to post anything post-Dry the River/Exeter. I spent most of Friday travelling down to Exeter for the university preview day yesterday and (shock-horror), I didn't bring my computer so I haven't been able to do much/also maybe missed out on a cool conference job.


So, Thursday night Moon came over and we had Chinese food and watched 'Billy Connolly's Route 66' before heading out to New Slang to watch the end of Worship and see Dry the River. The sound wasn't perfect at the Hippodrome but it was nonetheless an enjoyable gig, Peter Liddle's voice is so powerful and beautiful, I didn't even care that I barely knew half of the songs. I think I would like to go to New Slang more too.



I even bought a t-shirt, and Moon shook the bassist's hand! It was awkward and filled with fanboyism, but it was nice. I went for the horse one because I had to. They are actually very nice t-shirts and are very soft, plus I'll have a feeling of dickhead superiority until they break the big time.


16/09/2011:
Blazer: eBay
T-shirt: Dry the River
Skirt: H&M
Leggings: Primark

Because I woke up late, basically the first thing I did the following day was head off to Exeter. I've been to Exeter a couple of times when I've been visiting Moon's Gran in Sidmouth and I quite like it, but because my sister is a genius, she'll probably have the privilege of going to the University there.

It's so nice it made me want to be sick, there are waterfalls and it's full of greenery and the halls are so modern, everything will probably be even better when they finish whatever building work they're carrying out at the moment. It was a full-on open day with lots of friendly students ready and willing to help out with questions about courses and the University in general. I don't even plan on returning to University ever and I was even falling in love with the place. We were supposed to go up to Warwick (because as I said my sister is a genius) next weekend but we're going to put it off while my sister get's over how smitten she is with Exeter.










Next week is looking far more empty that the previous two, with only a driving lesson and telephone interview to really look forward to, and a 'proper' job centre consultation... woo..

Dry the River Official Website
'Like' Dry the River on Facebook
'Follow' Dry the River on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: