Wednesday 28 September 2011

And it's Wednesday, how?

It's funny how a sudden burst of things to do can really get you motivated and make the week fly by - and that's including the two-hour nap I squeezed in yesterday afternoon. It helps today that the sun is out, I always find that if I have things to do, I'm much more likely to do them when it's warm and bright.

I've been full to the brim with idea of how to create more structure within my blog as well as perhaps trying to write both a bit better and about more specific things in one post, rather than ten different things all together.

Yesterday, I had the first face-to-face interview that I've had in ages, probably since the middle of August. I'd like to tell you that it went really well but I really can't ever tell. Interviews are a nightmare; you never know if the person interviewing you has a lot of experience in interviewing (because it is a skill) or even if the person interviewing knows what their looking for. And when they ask you to ask them questions, if you've read up on them and it's self-explanatory you won't need to know anything so you're caught because asking a question can show both lack of interest and lack of knowledge at the same time, even when neither is the case. It seems like a good position though and it's only for three months, plus it's paid, which has been incredibly hard to come by. I'd quite like it, mainly because it will give me something to do and I can tell people what I've been doing and they might actually be interested and not go off into a monologue about how tough the job market is.

This is what I wore to the interview, don't think it's my best, that blazer definitely looks much better with dresses, but that's just my opinion.

What I Wore, 27/09/2011.
Blazer: eBay
Shirt: Dorothy Perkins
Trousers: Primark
Shoes: Primark

If you remember that flyer that I posted last week, I actually got around to putting some up in New Malden today. Not sure how much will come from it, I only targeted the leisure centre and a community centre, but you never know. There's also one up in the window of Noodle Express.


I have a nightclub photography job in the works too - see how I've been keeping the ball rolling this week? - so I've got to get on buying some insurance once the confirmed event dates come through, it will mainly be covering University nights out so things could get sticky, literally.

While I'm here, here are some photos from my phone this week, mainly in and around train stations. Apparently a mysterious 'El Barto' has hit New Malden, who would have thought it?

My interview was in Southwark yesterday and I kind of love that area, particularly the station but some of the café's and shops are quite neat. The office was also in very close proximity to the Tate Modern, somewhere that the pretentious artist in me feels I should visit more often.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: