Monday 5 September 2011

Life update and holiday snaps.

Hello, it's been a while since my last 'proper' blog hasn't it?
I've been a very busy-bee this morning arranging my life. I have two meetings lined up this week and another potential one for next week. I have also booked my very first (ever) driving lesson, which I'm quite scared about but I have to do it at some point and rather at 22 than 52. I have also arranged to meet up with a few friends over the next week or so, which will be nice as due to my hectic summer schedule I've not really seen anyone other than Moon (I should really probably fix that).

So yeah, my first driving lesson will be taking place at 3pm on Thursday, terrifying stuff, I also discovered last night that I'm also seeing Stephen Merchant that day, something that I had forgotten about and assumed was much later this month. The tickets are a present for my sister's birthday. I have also arranged to go back the Job Centre to sign on properly, it is a bit of a dent to the old ego but at least I will have some money coming in and I can actually do it this time rather than ditching it, an extra £50 a week will come in very handy for driving and job interviews, particularly when I'm actually doing what I'm supposed to do (applying for 4+ jobs a week).

Finally, I thought I would share a few of my holiday snaps with you. This is probably the last holiday I'll get to go on until I get a job, so it was a nice way to end everything. It will be nice to finally get to pay my own way though in a lot of ways. I have uploaded a larger collection onto Flickr, so you can have a look. I'm also in the process of uploading an album onto Facebook, if you want a more detailed account. I'll just lay out what we did during the week. I think the photos speak for themselves really. My family have been going to the Dinan area of Brittany for over ten years now, particularly during the time that we had the use of my Dad's house out there. We're really familiar with the area and I suppose it is somewhat of a struggle to find new activities to do, particularly now that my sister and I are older but it's still a beautiful area to stay in. We made the most of the weather, and went to the beach three times, we also had a private pool with the house (as well a resident sheep) and that was a great bonus. It was just nice to relax at a slightly warmer temperature, spend some time with my family and eat fresh bread every day.

26th August - 3rd September:
Day One: Overnight ferry from Portsmouth to Saint-Malo Friday, 8pm - Saturday 8am.
Day Two: Getting into the house and unpacking as well as a short walk around the hidden areas of Port De Dinan.
Day Three: Cancale - famous for it's oysters, which are delicious (if you like oysters).
Day Four: A trip to a beach - it was somewhere I hadn't been before so I can't remember the name.
Day Five: Saint Luminaire beach and dinner at Port De Dinan by the river.
Day Six: Alligator Bay and Mont Saint Michel.
Day Seven: Dinan Market and a trip back to Saint Luminaire to catch some rays.
Day Eight: Saint Malo and dinner at one of my all-time-favourite restaurants, Timothy - it's beaut.
Day Nine: All day ferry back from Saint Malo to Portsmouth, 10:30am - 6:30pm.









This came about due to the fact that the inside of an oyster shell is similar to nail enamel, I think I may be obsessed, but I think it's quite pretty.

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: