Wednesday 7 October 2009

Lighting Lecture.

It was pretty interesting, well as interesting as a lecture on lighting can be... basically a lecture where we got shown a load of images and had to 'guess' where the light was coming from and how it was lit.




Key: Look at eyes and shiny things for clues.

It was alright though, it was much better than the terrible 'Victorian' photography lecture I had yesterday where I had to look at images like this:



I don't favour images of the exploited or dead... or parts of them. At least that's one thing I learnt yesterday.
I think I'm going to enjoy this year regardless though, even though it's seemingly tougher and tougher to get up and in on time, I think it's lack of proper sleep.
I want to go out clubbing, I'm not good at going to bed early anyway. :(

Annie Leibovitz
David LaChapelle
Phoebe Rudomino
Duchenne de Boulogne
Zarina Bhimji
Andres Serrano - spent three months photographing in a morgue.. to quote lecturer "it sounds really easy, but it's not"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: