Saturday 26 December 2009

Christmas Day 2009.

It has become tradition that we venture round to Holmwood to visit the house out there that has a pretty impressive set of outdoor lights. I personally think that everyone should do up their houses like this for the duration of the Christmas period. It's much more festive. The reindeer shown in these photos move.





© Ruth Johnston

Christmas day was quite nice. I got some really nice presents. Including a pair of those super-soft boot slippers - it's probably like walking on a cloud, they're that soft. Moon got me some tasty perfume, a spice rack, a massager, a necklace and a pretty bowl.
One of the presents I got him was tickets to the circus and a trip on the ferris wheel at Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park on New Years Day - it will be lovely. It's the only thing I'm next looking forward to, considering that from here on in I am working towards finishing off all the work I gave myself to do over the holidays.
An essay and my RDB for Documentary Practices - which I am now completely fretting over, due to ordering that book and being told that it won't be sent off until the 6th January and will take 3-5 days. . . I'm sure that eventually it will be fine, but it will definitely be playing on my mind until it gets here. Even without the book, I probably will pass, but it's still scary.

Christmas Day was as relaxing for me as it should have been and the food was great. Glad it's only once a year though, I was so uncomfortable going to sleep. It was re-affirmed that my sister's head is too big for cracker Christmas hats, one of my favourite recurring facts, ever.





© Ruth Johnston

I'm kind of missing Moon a bit, even though I was with him yesterday evening and this morning, it's different, as I am now not with him again and won't be seeing him until New Years Eve - which will be a very straight affair, not unlike last year, due to the fact that the people we would most likely spend it with are either working or have sixteen year old girlfriends, which is very depressing.

I feel like since the reunion, I have rebuilt some bridges so the time off I have once my work's handed in on the 16th might not be so empty. Which is something else to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: