Thursday 17 December 2009

Harrods.

So, yesterday my Gran took my sister and I to Harrods.
I'm not sure whether it was because it's Christmas time, but it really was magical. If that doesn't sound lame, it has everything. I didn't even realise. We had a nice afternoon tea there, which was pricey but worth it. It was such a nice afternoon, I came back feeling really Christmassy.
These are the photos I took, being a tourist attraction, no one minded me getting my camera out, it was nice to not be looked upon as suspicious.

For some reason, which I didn't catch, the theme for Harrod's 70th anniversary was the Wizard of Oz.
Too cute :)




I wanted one, just to have, but I guess Harrod's can keep it for £40.









Probably quite a novel gift for your dog, but when it comes down to it, almost entirely pointless.







© Ruth Johnston 2009 More photos here.

I couldn't sleep last night for all the worrying I did about all the work I've yet to do. I have to finish off reading for the Issues in Contemporary Media essay and have worked out that if I'm doing a book for Documentary Practices it needs to be sent to the printers before the New Year in order for me to get it before the deadline. I could make one, but I think for this project a standard photobook is more apt, and a bit more sleek. Plus I'm not very good at that kind of thing - that is actually what I'm going to put in my RDB. So I'm going to have to select my final images even though I haven't taken them all yet.
I've selected around 100 images, which probably needs to be narrowed down to 30-40 for the book. Shouldn't be too hard but I don't know if they're all good enough. I guess it means the RDB work won't be as strenuous though, what with the actual final piece being done.
STRESS.STRESS.STRESS.
On the plus side, at least I've done the Case Studies for Project Management (the exhibition project) - as well as completing all my development notes - I've only got a bit of research that needs typing up and I probably won't worry about that until a couple of days before the hand in...

Bring on the two days off Christmas Eve & Day bring.
It also snowed yesterday, but only for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: