Thursday 14 October 2010

Jamie Paul.

So, these are from my shoot today; this is Jamie Paul, his dad is 3/4s Chinese and 1/4 Portugese and was born in South America and his mum is English and was born in Gibraltar. I'm not being too picky over the not 100% half-Chinese thing as as far as he's concerned he is and being an 1/8 of something, while it contributes to something, is basically clutching at straws. He's got a really interesting background and we had a lot in common. He goes red when he drinks, something I know happens to Chinese and half-Chinese people but doesn't happen to me and he's faced a bit of casual as well as serious racism, which was really interesting to talk about.
© Ruth Johnston 2010.
I think my bad luck is slowly disappearing as this shoot went great and Jamie turned out to actually be a really nice guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: