Sunday 10 October 2010

A Night at the Oscars.

I finished taking the photos for tonights party just after midnight, it was really fun to play observer for the night, it's very strange being with such a large gathering of people, not knowing anyone but taking their photo anyway.
I enjoyed myself, maybe I didn't enjoy the 6 hours stood up, but it was a fun experience that I wouldn't mind doing again..

In the end it turned out that I didn't need to bring my studio-lights as there was too much interference and I was working too quickly anyway. Annoyingly, I messed up the modelling bulbs on the journey down - well, one on the journey down, I dropped the working one on the floor when I got home. I'm so angry with myself. I think the only circumstances I will do this again is if I'm in the area. I don't like having broken everything, especially when it's through no fault of anyones but my own. Luckily the damage is easily fixed and the flash tubes are safe.

I think I'll be able to use my external flash for the shoot I have on Monday if the replacements don't arrive by then - I was so angry, I ordered them the second I got through the door, it was hard not to let it play on my mind all evening.

But anyway, watching people dance and making them feel like celebrities isn't a bad way to spend an evening, especially when it's a paid job. I'm quite proud of myself really.
Aperture is still processing the 740 photos I took tonight, that's the next day and a half filled up then, I guess.
I think once it's done I'm going to go to bed and catch up with X Factor - it's barely halfway through yet :(
I have another busy day tomorrow, it's my mum's birthday so we're going out to lunch and after that I have to get myself back down to Portsmouth, hopefully without breaking anything else important and in time for tomorrow night's X Factor.
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: