Thursday 7 October 2010

Not loving tutorials.

So, I was going to go back to New Malden after Uni today, but I didn't because today was too long and I spent a lot of it on the floor, sat on the floor, like a 4 year-old. Not on, so by the end of the day I wasn't really up for the two-and-a-half hour long journey home.

The tutorial was useful when it finally got round to me though - we started at 11 and I came around at about 4.
I've now tried to correct the colour on the deadpan portraits of Rio and Izzy, thanks to a marvellous observation by a helpful classmate - vom. I'll be fair though and say they do look a bit better now. I was picked up on my Thomas Ruff homage though, which I was a little smug about. I'm sad the colour on my print-outs was mainly to do with my printer rather than my photography. Maybe I should just be a better photographer.
© Ruth Johnston 2010.

I have a few more subjects lined up and I'm starting to feel like this project actually has some legs. It might be a good idea to get a tripod out and take some portraits of myself, my light meter finally arrived today so that makes it a lot easier and faster as well.

I'm kind of annoyed that I can't spend this weekend doing work because I have a lot to write about and a lot to read, but then I am getting some proper work experience so I can't be too annoyed. It will probably be quite fun and even if my chat doesn't improve, it's a chance to practice my studio photography. Kind of wish I hadn't mentioned having my own lights though, carrying them is at the back of my mind all the time, not that the equipment's heavy, it's just big and a very awkward shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: