Wednesday 10 February 2010

Actually.

It doesn't feel like it yet but I think that I'm going to have a lot of work to do this semester, I think I was starved from doing nearly nothing. Maybe the stress will make me less fat.
I'm really looking forward to it, and talk about dissertations, I'm vaguely looking forward to the introductory lecture tomorrow, once I know what I can do, I think I will be straight on it. I'm also really pleased about The Body unit, although I can't do the dressing up idea that I wanted to - it can be kept on the sidelines for now - I do get some more practical skills experience and it sounds like it will be a lot more energetic, meaning I won't get in a slump mid-project like I usually do.

So The Body is now an editorial-based project and split into five smaller briefs, culminating in a final brief which will be a magazine spread - for an existing magazine - featuring at least four images and one advertisement (the advertisement should be lifted/existing too). I thought I should mention this now as it's probably one of the main things I'll be blogging about and featuring images from from now on, if I actually have the time that is.
I am really enjoying taking photographs again at the moment though, I'm completely into the habit of taking one everyday for my 365 project, even if it is sometimes only on Photobooth, I think it's a sign of things to come and perhaps my work ethic improving slightly, just hope that the research doesn't bring me down.

I'm so pleased that my mum was pleased with my results, I am also looking forward to my sister visiting next week, I really like it when she comes down, hopefully work won't be piled too high by then, I get the whole of Tuesday off to do something with her though.

Valentines day is this weekend, it's joint with Chinese New Year so I'm going to try and overcome my fear and go down to Gunwharf to see the dancing dragon, I think I prefer Chinese New Year as an event to Valentines, despite the dragon. Valentines is so contrite, even with a boyfriend, it feels so silly, I like presents as much as the next person, but this is so forced, and it's not like I get nothing the rest of the year anyway, my relationship has plenty of romance without chocolates and flowers throwing up all over it. I'm not rejecting it, Moon and I always have a nice day together, but then there are lots of days like that, I just wonder whether there are other couples who are then only nice to each other because it's Valentines Day, that must be rubbish.
I'm still looking forward to this weekend and the days that follow though, even if by the end of it I'll probably be pulling my hair out from the stress of my invisible (so far) neglected work.

I wonder if I could relate any work this semester to the upcoming Vice documentary, Swansea Love Story, it's looking like it's going to be pretty badass. I loved the photo essay, I can't wait to see it.

Photo credit to: Adam Patterson
Swansea Love Story is a film by Andy Capper and Leo Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: