Sunday 14 February 2010

Valentines and Chinese New Year.





As I mentioned before, Chinese New Year is a holiday that is much more important to me than Valentines Day, which isn't even a holiday and the only reason people like it is because they get to put lovehearts everywhere. I had a nice day embracing the two together nonetheless.
I'd imagine this is due to the large Chinese population within Portsmouth but regardless, Gunwharf had their own Chinese New Year celebrations this year, featuring three Chinese lions. Chinese lions really scared me as a kid and I could definitely see why from seeing them yesterday, a creature that actually looked like that is unimaginable, yet there they were, it's all their terrifying blinking glory.






After seeing the display, for which we luckily had a good spot, we headed over to Giraffe for lunch, I'd never been to one but had heard good things. Being in Portsmouth, from experience of chains round here, I thought it would be a bit sub-par, but it was delicious and the service was good, I will definitely be going there again. I had nachos, ebi-katsu and ribs, nom nom nom.





We finished in time to see the tail-end of the second lion display, which went around the whole of Gunwharf with a trail of people behind it, unlike the first show, I feel kind of lucky.
My Valentines gift to Moon was half a dozen Krispy Kreme doughnuts that I got on the way home.
© Ruth Johnston 2010

Today has been a bit disappointing really, I could have had a long lie-in, but instead walked into University to get there for half 9 only to be told that the timetable was wrong and we were not to come back until 2. Not only is it really annoying generally due to the fact that I got up early anyway, but it's also annoying because my sister is coming down today and I was supposed to meet her and my Gran for lunch after the lesson, instead it is now just a quick visit and my Gran has to drive home again straight away so I can get to my lesson at 2. Any other week this would have been fine because it's a lie-in every other week, but I'd made plans. I mean I sorted the situation straight away, but the fact that the whole timetable stated we were to be in at the wrong time is kind of borderline unacceptable, especially when considering the fact that had we been in at half 9 anyway but turned up 10 minutes late, we would be shouted at like children. Huff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: