Monday 22 February 2010

Colour Drkrm, take two.

So it seems that my worry about getting back into the colour darkroom was unfounded due to the fact that I'm actually suddenly not too bad at it. Despite the fact that it takes around 2 and a half hours to produce three decent enough prints, I think it's actually pretty fun. It will be really scary to go in there when other people not in my year are in it though, or to be in there on my own, in that situation though, it's just like the normal b&w darkroom and now I know that I know how to do it I can just get on with it.
You soon get used to knocking on every door you encounter and saying 'going out' every 10 minutes.
It still looks like a pretty decent setting for a Saw film though.

I realise these are a bit scuffed but I didn't have any medium format negatives with me so I had to bring in old 35mm ones, which had been hiding at the bottom of a drawer since I got them developed.
I tried to pick images that focused on 'the body', but overall, these images have nothing to do with the kind of photographs I will take for the final brief, although I still have no clue where I am going with that. So the 'St Malo' one was printed in the chemist already, I just wanted to see if I could reproduce it, and it turns out I could, but the other two are from the old 'City Spaces' project from way back in my very first semester, back when darkrooms were daunting. I was a little nervous about going back in seeing as I hadn't used the colour darkroom since the introduction but I remembered everything.


© Ruth Johnston 2010

So, for research into the next shoot I am doing for one of The Body briefs (lol), I have been looking over the Sunday supplements that accompany Sunday newspapers - as we have to shoot an actress/actor/sportsperson - and I came across this:
I almost forgot he existed, I bet he's lived a truly amazing life, I must remember to reference him in my RDB.
© David Bailey, 2009 - The Observer Magazine 21st February 2010.

Interesting fact of the day, according to Facebook, based on use of positive and negative words, the saddest day in Facebook's existence was 22nd January 2008..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: