Monday 23 January 2012

Gung Hei Fat Choy.

So, I've been feeling low the last few days, the job situation is pretty dire at the moment, with not even a sniff recently, so I'm in total slump. However, things are a bit better, I've landed a temp job for the next couple of days, it's only stuffing envelopes, but the money will be good and it's much better than JSA. So I'm feeling a bit more motivated.

And it's Chinese New Year, Happy Year of the Dragon. I spent most of today in my pyjamas (see above) but had to pick up my job spec from Kingston in the late afternoon so took the opportunity to browse the shops afterwards. It have meant that I practically lost a day of job hunting but I'm feeling positive about the next two days so the pressures not as 'on' as it was when I woke up this morning.

Here is what I wore today:


Cardigan: Primark
Shirt: Primark
Necklace: Found
Brooch: Gemma Correll
Belt: eBay
Skirt: Dorothy Perkins
Socks: Primark
Shoes: Dorothy Perkins



Thanks to a marvellous cock-up by New Look, I got money back on the voucher that Moon's mum bought me for Christmas. I spent it online on Boxing Day but sent it to my old student house, so it's entirely my fault but I wasn't able to get it re-delivered so got refunded, which is better really as I had changed my mind about most of the items anyway.

I ended up buying socks, to make up the money and went £1 over but I'm quite please with my purchases. I bought a pair of (boring) grey wide-leg suit trousers, that need taking up because I'm too short and this red dress, which looks better on and was marked down to £12 from £39.99! I can see why it was reduced because the petticoat is a bit annoying but I think I can live with it, for a half-Chinese girl I don't have much red in my wardrobe so this will make a bit of a change and I thought it would be nice for Valentine's Day (yes, I'm sopping-out over it already).



I actually kind of love Valentine's Day, I know it's lame and pointless but it's also kind of great, because what's more great than love? So, I popped into Paperchase to check out the cards and picked up a lovely one, but it's a secret.
I also picked up this mat, which is actually a cutting mat but would obviously get ruined if you were to use it as such, so I'm going to put Dolly's food on it because she makes quite a lot of mess when she eats.


I also got this great paper. I got the reindeer one because it was a bargain and might come in useful next Christmas. I thought this world map was pretty neat and far too nice to be wrapping paper, if that is what it's meant to be, so I'm stuck it on my wall and hope to frame it eventually.


So, hopefully I'll be able to find some inspiration/time to post some 'real' photographs soon. I have a lot of stuff to share for tomorrow though, just need to get the motivation I had at the beginning of the year back, January has been such a long month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: