Thursday 26 January 2012

Not A Collector.

Part of me kind of wishes I did have a passion about collecting something, because it's quit neat, but I've never been that way inclined, I'm attempting a frame collection at the moment and it's very nearly not even got off the ground yet. However, I do manage to accumulate lots of similar items anyway, horse dresses, tote bags I don't use, and apparently Maccabees t-shirts.

I hardly really even wear these because I'm not really a trousers girl, but The Maccabees always have the best t-shirts and what kind of fan would I be if I didn't buy one, with most of them, I believe, designed by the fair Orlando Weeks, himself.

I'm now faced with the dilemma of which one I wear to their show tonight. Sadly, doing so would make me a 'gig wanker', but frankly, I don't give a shit. I've waited such a long time to hear a new album and see them, that demonstrating my admiration through clothing is the least I can do. You know what, I'll be a wanker if I want to.

Sadly, although it is the most comfy of the lot, I can't bring myself to wear their latest Topman tee, which I was searching for for ages and eventually found, very well hidden, within the sale rails. I don't think it would reflect my long-time fandom very well at all, especially due to the outcry of people claiming that people will buy it just because it's a cool t-shirt, rather than because they like or have even heard of the band, but that's a different story. Maybe Topshop and Topman should stick to bands like Nirvana and The Ramones, but I could probably write a whole essay on the problem with the fact that they even use them.



2008, Toothpaste Kisses.


2009, Wall of Arms.


2010, Wall of Arms artwork.


2010, Limited edition Trekstock & Gio-Goi


2011, Topman

Maybe I have a problem and I'm probably going to be faced with the challenge of whether to get another one tonight, I'll probably cave. Annoyingly warming to the new designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: