Friday 4 March 2011

Scrap that.

I have a new, more interesting idea. It will more studio-based work but completely different from my last project. I guess I wasn't really getting into what I was doing so I'm glad it's changed and it's not like I can't work quickly, in Art Foundation we were doing a new project every 2 weeks. Plus the half-Chinese project was practically completed in 7 weeks if you disregard printing time. 8 weeks is doable, and it is still vaguely related to identity and consumerism so it isn't as though I'm starting completely from scratch. So watch this space.

In other news, I have been asked to cover the NUJ Delegate Meeting in Southport in April, I'm just waiting to have my travel details confirmed by them. 1 of 25 people selected, I guess there are a few more as people will pull out and they'd need back up, but I'm feeling pretty lucky right now. They're covering my travel there, which although is quite trip from Portsmouth, I don't really mind that much, and I'm staying in a hotel with my meals covered too as well as getting paid.
I wouldn't necessarily say that journalism is an ambition of mine but it is something I'm interested in and to have a chance at something that will lead on to more is great. Plus a lot of the general work is blogging and that is definitely something I enjoy, and it will mean people might actually pay attention to me.
They provide us with feedback forms at the end of the weekend, if I get another form that says I need to be more outgoing I will be sad - that was one of the criticisms from the interview I had with InDarklight last year. I am working on it though, it will be scary to me all the way up there all by myself, but I'm sure the other students chosen will be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: