Sunday 27 March 2011

Winchester.

So, I've been taking my IXUS around with me because my bag has been feeling a bit heavy, so I thought that I would give my shoulders a break.
Moon drove me to Winchester yesterday and we had a look around, it's a really nice city and I really liked it, it was so nice just to get out of Portsmouth for a few hours.
We went and got lunch at this pub called, Alfie's which looked like a dive both on the inside and out, but the food was the best pub grub I've had in ages. I had wanted to have lunch by the river, but as it was so warm, most places with outside seating were packed.
On the way home we stopped off at Ikea to see if I could get any fabric to use as backdrops for my project — which is still pestering me by the way, I just need to get a move on - but it was so expensive. After leaving Southampton the SatNav took us via 'The Range', which also appeared to sell textiles - no luck though - it's the strangest shop. It sells everything you could think of but nothing you really want. Our Kindersurprises were disappointing, so I do not rate The Range very highly.






© Ruth Johnston 2011.

I'm still plodding on with this 'Non-identity' clothing project, but now I've been told that it's 'too dark', despite essentially being about rejection. I know that rejection and the connotations associated with death are separate but neither are subjects that can be illustrated lightly. I was also just proud of the lighting, so I don't know how to change it and keep nice lighting by taking away this 'darkness'. I'm going to try out a load of new backgrounds tomorrow and see, but ultimately I'm happy with the black, I'm just unhappy with the criticism. I think it just needs text to lighten it perhaps, because some of the stories that go with the garments do border on the absurd.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: