Wednesday 3 August 2011

Victoria Peak & Star Ferry Harbour Tour.

Yesterday was impressive, we were planning on visit the Giant Buddha, but that ended up changing due to my mum's legs being too bad and by that time it being too late in the day once we'd had dim sum. So we dashed our plans and headed to another 'must see' tourist sight in Hong Kong, Victoria Peak ('The Peak').

The view from up there is pretty awesome, it boasts to be the largest viewing platform in Hong Kong, you can see everything, we could even guess where the apartment was!
We got sucked into getting a bundle including Madame Tussauds, which actually turned out to be okay. I quite liked The Peak venue as well, it's got quite a few junky/tourist tat shops that I love (despite them stupidly disallowing photographs), and we were also conveniently able to buy our Disney tickets for tomorrow there - I had to pay with my card so that's probably a dud now due to being slightly out of the ordinary, I hope it's ok, but I won't know until I'm able to access my voicemails when I get back...
We had lunch at Bubba Gump, which was heinously over-priced but otherwise nothing I'd complain about, maybe if they didn't provide so much food, their prices wouldn't have to be so high, the view was pretty damn sweet though.












After going back to the apartment to relax for a couple of hours, we finally did the activity that I've been yammering on about for the last week, a Star Ferry Harbour Tour during 'A Symphony of Lights'! Apparently we should have taken a 'junk ferry', but in my view it was just as good and we missed getting charged extra because the lights begin at 8pm and the boat doesn't depart until 5 past, but we saw everything anyway.
The display didn't disappoint and it was cool to listen to the music from the boat, it was a bit cheesy and 'typically Chinese', but it was so beautiful. People were pretty eager for chairs but we managed to find some in the end. A bonus of the trip was the free fizzy pop and honey cake that was bundled in with the price, I was quite pleased. I'm glad I did it and it was very much worth the wait.








As I mentioned, we're heading to Disneyland tomorrow, our family here - and I do to an extent - think we're mad because we've already been to Florida so many times as well as Paris, but, and I don't care about the repercussions, I love Disney, and that's it, it makes me happy, the rides, the atmosphere, it's lovely. I felt that it was pretty reasonably priced too compared to UK theme park prices. I've heard that it's apparently really small, but that doesn't take away from anything, I'm so excited!
Flickr set.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: