Saturday 13 August 2011

Post-Holiday, Pre-Birthday Update.

So it's been a couple of days since I returned from Hong Kong and I appear to have very quickly recovered from jetlag, I think the late flight with early-morning arrival was a big plus.

Since returning nothing much has happened, I basically rushed straight over to Moon's as it was his brother's birthday and I had to deliver some gifts. We've had a nice couple of days behaving like teenagers, it really is odd being at home all the time, I won't be over it until I am able to move out. We went to see The Rise of The Planet of the Apes yesterday; I mainly went because I like James Franco but it was actually a good film and I'm now looking forward to the rest of the re-boot. Despite having not seen the originals and disliking the most recent re-makes, the concept of these films really interests me and it will be interesting to see if they'll be able to improve upon the already impressive CGI in future films - don't believe the print adverts, it actually does look good.


After the film we went to Nando's, a nice treat. We were supposed to be heading up to Leicester to go to Summer Sundae but due to the festival's poor organisation and inability to reply to our email's until a few days before we decided against it, even though I honesty do love The Maccabees just that much.

On the job front it's not looking very promising. I was waiting to hear back from a couple of jobs while I was away, particularly from the interview I had at London Bridge for a company called wireWAX, sadly I didn't get it which was kind of a bummer because I really wanted it - check out their website, it's so cool and I was so excited. I suppose if it wasn't meant to be, it wasn't meant to be, I'm sure things will pick up soon once I get back on it. I would love to not have to go back to the Job Centre again but if I don't hear anything by the time I come back from France at the beginning of next month, it's likely to be inevitable.

So, while I'm avoiding getting back to applying for jobs, I'm currently figuring out what I want to do for my birthday, which appears to have crept up on me, how am I going to be 22 years old? I think I'm just going to spend it with Moon, planning things is hard and it isn't as though it's an important birthday.
So far we're planning a quick swing by the Natural History Museum to see the Age of Dinosaurs exhibit, I'm going in almost blind but I've read quite a few mixed reviews, particularly relating to price. I genuinely hope that it doesn't disappoint, purely because The Natural History Museum is one of my favourite places in London. I'm kind of struggling to think of things to do afterwards though, it was much easier to plan and look up touristy activities in Hong Kong. I don't think I could possibly have exhausted London's attractions, I just don't want to go on The Eye or to the zoo and most websites make out that that's all to see...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: