Friday 5 August 2011

Disneyland: Hong Kong.

Something may seem slightly familiar about this post, it will have been my third Disneyland trip in the last year, which is crazy. I don't know how it happened but it just has, I'm embracing it, it's all coincidental, I'm not a total Disney freak, honest.
November 2010
January 2011

The Sleeping Beauty castle is small, as is the park itself, but that doesn't mean it's not a fun day out. I also found it strange that they make you sit down for the evening firework display, what if some visitors are older? Within their firework display they have incorporated elements of 'Fantasmic!', which is cool, but pointless if you're standing at the back, whether people are sitting down or not. I was slightly disappointed by the Festival of the Lion King show because they messed with both the songs and the story and not in a good way. I also didn't really enjoy the Jungle Cruise, which has the option of an English ride, but our 'guide' didn't really speak it very well and her comedic timing was cringey, but it always depends on who you get with that ride, whatever park. I enjoyed everything else though, my favourite of the day was The Golden Mickeys, it was lovely, made me feel like a kid again.
The park was very easy to get too and I was impressed by the cute train that you take to get to the 'exclusive' Disney MTR station. I think the park will be much more enjoyable and more exciting when it expands in 2014, until then I think I'd be more likely to recommend it to people with small children who wouldn't be spending the whole day there but that isn't to say that there isn't enough to do to fill time and enjoy yourself, it's Disney!

I think the photos are fairly self-explanatory, sorry they're not so good quality, I only took my point-and-shoot because I was finding that my SLR was becoming too heavy to lug everywhere, I did miss it when it got to taking photos are night time though.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: