Wednesday 30 November 2011

Boxpark, Shoreditch.

Having had my last day with Ink today and therefore the last day I will be going to Shoreditch on a regular basis, I thought I would post a blog about a site that has intrigued me for almost my entire work experience period, Boxpark.

Before starting at Ink I had read about Boxpark on a careers fair website, but, as careers fairs suck, I didn't think much of it, but then I confronted it every day for the next month.

Boxpark is a concept developed by the creator of Boxfresh, in association with real estate developers Hammerson & Ballymore. The basic idea is to strip and refit shipping containers to create affordable and unique retail space - I was quite surprised to see that there was still a unit available, I mean you'd have to get on it even if it was purely for location, surely.

Situated at the entrance to Shoreditch High Street Overground station, this ambitious shopping experiment effectively sets itself to be Shoreditch's first 'shopping mall', playing host to a number of well-loved, great brands and it looks bloody good too. On Monday evening a bit of the building work came down and the outside of Boxpark was revealed to the public and I couldn't believe how impressive the units looked. Each unit fitting into the iconography of the building but also demonstrating a great utilisation of space when reflecting each brand's varying image and statement.








I think visually my favourites so far are the Oakley and Urbanears units. I'm a big fan of their use of colour and simplicity, particularly with Urbanears, they're space looks massive.

It looked so different when put in the evening light and all the shops were so shiny and new. I'm sad I don't have enough time/money to get a proper glimpse when Boxpark officially opens at the weekend. The opening will see 20% discounts as well as special celebrity guests and DJ sets. However, from the sounds of things it looks like Boxpark will be sticking around for a bit so hopefully I'll get the chance to grab my own slice of the Shoreditch shopping centre experience when I get the time.

Boxpark officially opens on Saturday 3rd December at 1pm.
Visit boxpark.co.uk/ or email info@boxpark.co.uk for further details.
Like Boxpark on Facebook.
Follow Boxpark on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: