Wednesday 16 November 2011

Pelican.

One of the best things about either being a student/unemployed and correct me if I'm wrong (but I'm not), is the fact that when you're favourite band or company do something, you're right there, able to comment on it, interact and maybe even win something. It's how I've won tickets to see both Biffy Clyro and Jamie T as well as tickets to a screening of Jurassic Park and a limited edition print (more on that when I have time).


Now that I'm working, and will be for the next two weeks (yay!), I kind of feel a bit out of the loop. I'm trying to make sure that I don't ruin too much of The Maccabees new album because like a true fangirl, I've been waiting far too long.

However, I couldn't ignore the excessive amount of temptation from various platforms and had a listen to their upcoming single, 'Pelican'.

I love it, I love them, I love hearing a new song by them, I love hearing Orlando's voice singing a song that I haven't heard before, it's beaut. I'm so psyched for January, when I'll get to see them again in a venue I've never been to before. It's going to be amazing.

Without trying to seem like I'm wishing the year away, I genuinely can't wait. I'm so pleased that there's a promise of the mixture of light and dark that The Maccabees do so well, not to mention classic Maccabees imagery. Welcome back boys!

The Maccabees Official Website
Follow The Maccabees on Tumblr
Follow The Maccabees on Twitter



The Maccabees on the road, © Tom Martin, 2011. (via The Maccabees on Tumblr)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: