Saturday 5 November 2011

Phoney Lyf.

Oh hai there! I've been interning at the picture desk at Ink for the latter half of the working week so I have been very tired. It's actually quite a nice job, the people are lovely and I get on really well with the other intern, as well as finding the work I have to do easy to grasp hold of.

So I'm really enjoying it, which is a shame because apparently the Job Centre don't want me to and would rather I was miserable and endlessly applying for jobs, so forget them.

It's been quite a weird week though, I mean I finally get this internship, which is both relevant and allows me to carry out work that will be potentially beneficial in the future (read; it doesn't involve filing or stapling) and I've been commissioned for a few freelance related things. Crazy that after months of applying for job after job and taking a 'wait-and-see-put-on-hold' attitude towards freelancing things have started to tick along, but I'm trying really hard not to count all my chickens.

I've just come back from shooting some headshots of a little girl hoping to join an acting agency, a job I got through my flyer, and in a couple of weeks I'll be shooting a wedding, thanks to Moon's mum. I've also had an email from the people of the Kissimmee Convention and Visitor's Bureau in Florida letting me know that they've used a couple of my images from Flickr on their website, which is pretty exciting, Flickr can be so great sometimes, they were just holiday snaps and were taken around three years ago.

I've been trying to make the effort to take photos and having my phone on me all the time is handy for that kind of thing. It's very similar to what I did when I did my last lot of work experience.
One thing I love about the early mornings is the changeable skies, on the morning of my first day it was particularly beautiful, particularly considering how dreary it's been.



I was probably a lot more excited about this than I should have been and I had to sneak this, which is why it's blurry, so that I wouldn't look like a total nerd. I have my own phone!



It's quite weird to be working in Shoreditch, it always felt a lot further away before, but now I've been going there everyday, the journey seems a lot shorter. It's quite cool to be amongst all the street art and things, even if the only place I've eaten everyday is Pret, I'll try to make more of an effort next week. Here is what I wore on my first day;

Cardigan: H&M
Dress: Primark
Belt: (w/dress) Primark
Tights: Primark
Legwarmers: Marks and Spencer
Boots: River Island

Last night, my sister and I went to see the fireworks display down the road from us, but we didn't pay, we just lurked at the side of the road across from where they were actually being held. I think I did an alright job with photos but we had a pretty shitty view anyway. Tonight we're going to proper ones this time, with a bonfire, so it might be worth the money. Plus all of my sister's friends say it's the best. I'll be taking some of Hannah Curson's fireworks photo tips with me because she took some neat ones last night too, from being in a similar situation.
I love bonfire night, this time last year I played with sparklers and watched V for Vendetta for the first time, pretty bangin'.

Legitimate, understandable and completely connected business.




1 comment:

  1. Damn, I'd written a really long, descriptive comment about which photos I liked and why but then accidentally clicked off the page :( and I sooo can't be bothered to type it all again, but I really like the fifth photo - the light down the path - and the second from last photo with the different coloured lights :)
    Also congrats on the internship going well. I just posted a really long rant about why I hate internships! Haha. Is there a chance yours will turn into a job at the end? I feel I may have already asked you this on twitter but I can't remember :S

    Also (just one more thing!) the link on the right to your flickr doesn't seem to work :S just thought I should let you know!
    Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: