Friday 19 June 2009

fortyfive.

It appears that this is my forty-fifth blog, it feels like there should be a lot more, oh well.

I have been watching quite a few films these past couple of days, mainly due to not wanting to spend any more money for going away.


I went to the cinema to watch Looking for Eric which was quite a nice story with a good balance of fantasy and reality. I just wish I really cared who Eric Cantona was/is. He seems like quite a fascinating character, probably would be more so if I liked football, this will never happen so I suppose I will never be able to appreciate him.
It's quite cutesy in that British sort of way if you get what I mean. But, if you're after an easy watch then it's fine, it probably wasn't particularly suited to the big screen but at least I've seen it and at least it wasn't complete rubbish.


I also watched Bedtime Stories, with Adam Sandler - who I don't normally enjoy but for a kids film it was quite funny and I suppose had a touch of magic, in that way that most Disney films do. And it has Russell Brand in it ♥, although he's a twat, I like him as an actor and I don't care who knows it.

I've also re-watched Rules of Attraction - which I find "oh so slightly" annoying since I've nearly finished the book but I guess it's like with Harry Potter and needing to look at it as an adaptation in the same way - I almost forget. It's just a pity that the books always seem to be so much better than the films. At least there's not as much hype around some as much as others. Like Twilight - purely because of the hype, it makes me feel a bit ill, I have no desire to play any part in any of that.


Just finished re-watching Oldboy tonight - although long, it's so much better the second time round than I thought it would be. It's pretty awesome.

Anyway, I'm finally off my weekend away to Brighton tomorrow.
I feel a little bit stupid because it's not a million miles away but I bet it will still be wicked and I love staying in hotels.
I will update with good images when I return. Bye. x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: