Monday 8 June 2009

It's like I only think about the dopeness, but you only think about the wackness.


Wow, "The Wackness" (2008) thinks it's a much better film than it actually is.

Furthermore, despite this...

...being the major reason that people were goaded into seeing the movie last summer - i.e. the "best bit" in all the reviews - it is only a minor, minor role, and Mary-Kate Olsen's character is annoying. Although, granted it is still odd to see her making out with Ben Kingsley, the scene is only a few seconds long, and not that interesting anyway.

The film thinks that it's deep, when really it's just about selling pot and if anything promotes that we all should - given that through one summer this kid makes £26,000. I'm not one to care or preach about things like that but that appears to be it's message... That, and be friends with old people and not their step/daughters. Jesus, and I sat through an hour and a half just to watch these things and Josh from Drake and Josh say, "word" after having sex with a girl "from Juno" (who didn't even have that major a role in it and was pretty stupid anyway).
Maybe if I was from New York and that age in 1994, I would have got it. But it just tries too hard for me. I think the audience can get that "life was tough" but life's always tough, why make a film about something that no one is bothered about seeing.

If you're making a film about someone who is basically a teenage criminal, surely it has to be more edgy than this?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: