Tuesday 6 July 2010

Shoop, shoop.

© Ruth Johnston 2010.

I feel kind of weird relaxing during the week as opposed to at the weekend, but I've had a pretty hectic week, so I'm glad I have this time to sort through things and not spend all day at a computer.
I'm currently in Dorking, cat-sitting, back to 'work' on Friday and the following weekend is Gradball weekend, for which I've pretty much given up finding a dress for, I have one already that is basically perfect; I'm just not 100% if it will still fit.

Today was another crazy day for emails, the Half-Chinese group on Facebook finally got around to sending out a message to all the members today and I got so many responses, some were as far away as Toronto and Washington. I think the 'willing to pay for travel expenses' leaves a bit too much to the imagination; London to Portsmouth is reasonable, any further north of Portsmouth than that will get too expensive to really be worth it. So I've decided - thanks to an idea from someone who asked if they could just send me a photo instead - that any subjects who are in other countries or too far away but still want to get involved should send me a photo and a written statement detailing an experience or story that stems from being half-Chinese. I should then end up with a collection of images I've taken in a studio situation (which was what I wanted) but also a collection of found images that are also within the same subject area. I think it's going to get very interesting.
Thinking about this and my dissertation only makes me dread how much work I'm actually going to have when I get back, although considering the lack of time I have from doing so much at the moment, if I keep it up, it shouldn't come as too much of a shock when it comes around.

I'm a bit obsessed with Mumford & Sons at the moment, because of Glastonbury and because they're being played on everything, everywhere at the moment. I'm looking forward to this; but I hope there's not too much Laura Marling in it, is that mean?
I found this afterwards, lovely;

The new video for 'Young Lions' by The Maccabees is beautiful too, even if the ending is too abrupt. I can't wait for their new album, or another tour, something, I just hope it's a bit more exclusive than the NME Radar tour, which was full of tweens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: