Friday 26 November 2010

'Your writing style is letting you down'

At least it's only a draft and not my actual dissertation, I'm still not taking it well though, I thought I was quite good at writing, even when I didn't study in the first year of my degree, I still would put the 2:2 I got down to how well I wrote rather than what I actually knew.
Oh well, that's why it's a draft and I guess I'll have to admit defeat and go and see the Academic Skills people after all. I'm not too bothered but it has aggravated me a bit.

So in other academic news, I've been playing around with presentation layouts for the Half-Chinese project. These are A4 Matt versions but I'm printing on A3 gloss on Tuesday. Not sure I'll be able to lay them out on my wall like this for practice though and will probably have to use the University. I think my printer is making everyone look a bit pinky-orange, but the printer I use on Tuesday will probably be a truer match. I'm not sure why I decided on gloss, I just think it looks better.


I was thinking a grid but then as I'm thinking of having text as well, it was pointed out to me in my tutorial that that could make it quite messy and less easy to read, so the line is probably the way I'm going to go. I'll probably get told something completely different in my tutorial next week though.
I've also gone about creating mock-up text panels for each of my subjects. The panels have quotes from either their written statements or what they told me whilst I was talking to them.



At least I can say that I'm almost wrapping this project up - I'm going to have to do so much dissertation over Christmas...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: