Thursday 3 June 2010

The Fall (2006)


I watched 'The Fall' last night by Tarsem Singh, and it has to be one of the most visually stunning films I have ever seen. The use of scale and colour is phenomenal, I haven't seen a film like it. There was some involvement from the well known Spike Jonze and although I am not overly familiar with his work if I base what I know on this piece, the recent film 'Where the Wild Things Are' takes some heavy influence in its use of space in numerous scenes.



I thoroughly enjoyed the film, I won't give away what it's about because I feel that would spoil it, but I will say that the mixing together of fantasy, storytelling and reality work really well and the surreal setting of each narrative is particularly engaging. I can't believe I never heard of the film before stumbling upon some beautiful stills, it deserves a lot more credit than it seems to have been given, there are even a few familiar faces that pop up throughout. I'll definitely be adding it to my favourite films.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: