Thursday 3 June 2010

Blabber.



I had a pretty interesting afternoon yesterday, I think my exam-widowdom is once again coming to a close, 25 hours from now it will all be over and Moon will hopefully start to relax.



Yesterday was quite relaxing in any case, I sat on Southsea Common with him while he revised and I read horrible trashy magazines. I got sunburnt because I wasn't completely prepared to actually go down there. Then we had a walk along the seafront and home. I even had a paddle in the sea, which was my first time doing so since being in Portsmouth, quite stupid when you consider how long I've been here.


I'm looking forward to asking to do stuff and not being turned down in favour of revision.

All images © Ruth Johnston, 2010. Aside from the ones I obviously didn't take.

I think I work best taking photographs in the sunshine.
I'm so pleased that I have had a few responses for my Half-Chinese project via a Facebook group, there seem to be a couple of members that are interested, so it could shape up to be really good. It would probably be more helpful to use people that I know or that are closer to Portsmouth - due to where the studio is. But I could probably negotiate paying for their travel expenses or something once everything gets off the ground - meaning this project could get expensive, especially seeing as I'm hoping to shoot less on digital for it...

Looks like I'll be temping this summer, I've applied for a few 'photography' jobs but have yet to get a response but I'd like some way of keeping myself busy anyway, paid or otherwise. I'm going to try and keep up the blogging and more of a 'finger on the pulse' of things as well as be a better reviewer, it will undoubtedly help when I come back to doing projects again if I've kept active. Hopefully it will mean that by the end of summer I'll have a bit of a research portfolio to dip in and out of, therefore meaning I may have done most of my work for me when the time comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: