Monday 14 June 2010

Ladj Ly, Kourtrajmé; The Creators Project.

Kourtrajmé is a group that were involved making a creepy film I watched last summer called, 'Sheitan', it was brilliant, they're a really interesting movement and I'm very excited that they're being featured in The Creators Project with Vice and Intel. Kourtrajmé were also involved with making the cult short, 'La Barbichette', starring Vince Cassel, who they have had quite a bit to do with.

Ladj Ly, a member of the movement is who is being interviewed for this video, he cites Mathieu Kassovitz - director of La Haine - as one of his main inspirations. There is also mention of working within the African film industry to bring it forward, I wonder how far it will be taken and in what part of Africa they are involved with. With Kassovitz's involvement with Johnny Mad Dog - a film shot in Liberia - as well as his and Vince Cassel's close involvement with Kourtrajmé I really hope it's there, not only is it something Liberia needs, but it would also be great for my dissertation. I can't wait for The Creators Project to come to London.

I love that they've listed the affordable and arguably basic equipment that Ladj Ly uses, so great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: