Tuesday 8 June 2010

Cheep, cheep.

Phew! Here are a couple of photos of recent stuff I haven't had a chance to put up yet. I hope you will appreciate the two of Moon and I in our brand new University of Portsmouth hoodies and bear in mind that we have been here for three years and Moon is graduating his degree in a month. It's not like we never wanted one, I guess we really are that lazy that we didn't get round to buying them until now. Shameful really. My face is a tiger because it looked stupid.





© All images, Ruth Johnston 2010, except the rice, my sister took that one.

I packed up my bed this afternoon and sent it home with my mum, I have the rest of my room to pack up before I leave Portsmouth for the summer on Saturday. This is probably the quickest that a year has gone by so far.
I have Glastonbury in a couple of weeks, I feel like I should feel privileged to be going because of how golddust the tickets are, I am excited but also a bit nervous, having never been to something on that scale before. With a large supply of wet wipes and toilet roll, I should be cool though.
I feel like this photo should get a mention on here, considering how much I am always blabbering. I am pretty proud of this one, I think I like the framing technique too, I'm probably right in thinking that it only works in this kind of photographic situation though, otherwise it gets a bit dull and unnecessary.

One my favourite photography bloggers, James Mcloughlin says he's giving up trying to be or thinking about being a photographer because he'd rather do things on his own terms, I totally see what he means but he's packing in having a digital SLR and selling his film camera too. You just don't get the same effect with a point-and-shoot as you do with professional equipment, that's why people use them. I hope I still enjoy his work and looking at his blog as much if what he said is true. He probably wouldn't want to be, but he is pretty Nan Goldin, and although I hold a bit of contempt for her having done something so easy but pulling it off so well, I definitely have a place for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: