Thursday 21 January 2010

Finally, something productive.

I'm re-jigging my website, it would look more up to scratch, but I don't think MrSite can keep up with the rate I am updating everything, so I'm leaving it for tonight, one page has got photos on, so if you've got the time and it's sorted it out by then, you could get lucky.

I managed to finally drag myself to the Eldon building - which isn't even far - and sort out my contribution to the Photo Exchange project. It's a great idea, I was slightly disheartened when I noticed that hardly anything had changed since I saw it last week, but maybe it's because no one has really been in.
I exchanged these,
© Ruth Johnston
for these,

It's probably fairly obvious why I chose the second one, someone has to love all these abandoned beds and mattresses.
My pinned up images can be seen here as part of my 365 project. Now I wait and hope someone picks my work.

While in the Eldon building I also decided to take a look at the Dark Forest by the BA(Hons) Fine Art students, it was ok, they were all different responses to the idea of 'dark forests' and global warming. This is the only piece that really interested me,


I'm not really sure why, the smell was surprisingly over-powering, although I suppose aesthetically it's quite an interesting piece, it makes you wonder how much thought and effort went into it when you consider some of the other work surrounding it. I'll level with you, I only really liked the fluorescent light.

This is currently on display in the Eldon building too, I'd quite like it for my own, it's beautiful, it looks like it's made from nail polish. It is for sale, but it's £30 per square, and one square would be rubbish.
'Collection 100', from the series, 'Janus' - Michelle Jeanette Littlewood (2010)

Other than taking photographs of other people's art, I also took this,
© Ruth Johnston
I liked her coat and how tiny she was.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: