Sunday 24 January 2010

VBS, VICE, VICE, VICE.

As a Vice student ambassador, I should pretty much love everything Viceland does, I should be careful with my words now because they could be watching me, but I only get the magazine for the photographs - and the occasional amusement gained from their one-off 'Vice guide to...' booklets, it's very rare that I'll read even 90% of the content. Nan Goldin has done shoots for Vice so I guess I am programmed to respect it, and I totally do, but I usually only look at the pictures, unless it's mega-engaging, which it usually isn't. It can border on pretentious a lot of the time and you just know that the kind of people it's aimed are really arty rich people who look scummy and dirty just to be considered different and beautiful - it still has nice photographs, but those are the kind of people I want to punch in the back of the head.

For the people who don't want to bother reading the magazine, there's always the online articles which you can pick and choose from and that's usually where I go. However, with recent time off I have also discovered the wonder that is VBS.TV, considering it's spawned crap even more pretentious than the magazine, I've even amazed myself. However, their travel series is amazing, if their not shitting us, because some of the stuff their discovering is pretty unbelievable, I think I've found a new hero in Shane Smith, I'd love to do what he's doing, but he must have nerves of steel, I think I'll stick with my flakey unfounded dreams for now. I've ordered the Travel DVD and I can't wait for it to come so I can watch it, just because the adverts in between videos are so irritating - if I was going to buy Dante's Inferno, I'm definitely not going to now.
I can't wait until Tuesday now, all this time twiddling my thumbs is getting very dull. More than anything I can't wait to go out and do things again. It's not even like once Moon finishes his exams we'll be doing stuff all the time, but at least when we're not doing the things we have planned, we won't be doing it together.
My friend Tom is coming down to stay next week, I'm looking forward to it, I love that some old friends are just like that and it's like you never lost touch. There are other old friends that are just rubbish though, the ones that you talk to a hell of a lot more than the ones you lost touch with, but never do what they say they're going to do, they're the worst.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: