Friday 28 October 2011

TY for the memo.

In case you hadn't noticed, it's apparently Halloween, this is not something I have an issue with in fact I enjoy Halloween as much as any post-student, but everyone seems to be getting in on the act. Maybe I'm feeling slightly bitter because all the people I would usually spend Halloween with are all over the country and I won't be doing anything.

I like scary movies and I like dressing up, I'll also stretch the Halloween theme and express my love for the colour orange, however, when it comes down to 'spooky' cocktails and popcorn, it's a bit strained. I understand that it's all fun but sometimes it's an excuse and it just looks stupid. I'm kind of glad that I'm not participating in Jack O'Lanterns this year, the gunk inside pumpkins stresses me out.

Here are some photos that I took within the space of a less than twenty-minute walk up Dorking high street.






All this talk of 'spookiness' and ghouls mainly means just one thing to me, bonfire night is soon and I will be able to enjoy fireworks.

I'll end this with an apology for the moan, I'm all for skeleton tights, orange flowers and eating sweets, but I like my popcorn standard and drinks that aren't green, that don't contain every drop of alcohol that's on it's way out of date.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: