Wednesday 12 October 2011

Getting back on it.

Well, we've some how hit mid-week and so far I've been feeling really motivated. It would seem that feeling down about the unemployment situation is lessening, and I am willing to put it down to Walk 4 Work.

But I think I'm probably ready to stop talking about it now. Today I had an interview, although it was at a solicitors as a client receptionist, I don't think I would mind doing it so much. The interview was different from anything I have done before, we had a role-playing exercise and the questions were incredibly structured, they were writing nearly everything down(!) I think thinking on the spot may have got me somewhere but I'm a bit unsure.

Things seem to be looking up generally though, as I have another interview set up next week too. It seems to perhaps be more within the creative industry, but we'll see how everything goes.

This is what I wore to my interview. Nothing that exciting, I didn't wear the bowler hat but I thought I'd pay a final homage to Walk 4 Work. I wonder what would have happened if I had turned up in a bowler hat.

Hat: Freeb from Battlefront
Blazer: Primark
Bag: Yucca
Dress: New Look
Belt: Dorothy Perkins
Shoes: Primark

Naturally, I had to make sure I had a fresh coat of nail polish on. Closer magazine were banging on about nail art this week with a brief mention of Nails Inc's magnetic polish. Sadly I am not a millionaire and am not willing to fork out £13 for a nail polish, so I settled for getting excited about 17's version.


I bought it last week and opted for the lilac shade, it's pretty clever technology (if that's the right word). The polish contains tiny iron particles that make cool patterns when a magnet is held over it. It's awesome!
On it's own it's a nice colour but I'm all about effects, and it's a bit less intense than crackle polishes. I also think that for £5.99 RRP (although it's currently only £4.99 at Boots) it's a lot better value than it's counterparts. It's really good quality too, I mean maybe my top coat is just good, but it's fairly chip-resistant so far, I might even keep it on for more than a day. Last time I wore it I had it on for a whole 3 days, a record in my stopping nail-biting saga. I can't take my eyes of the cool 3D effect, it's available in 100 Boots stores nationwide now!


Magnetized Nail Polish in Lilac, 17
Peach Puff, Models Own (this is running out and I am sad)
Tangerine Queen, Models Own
Models Own/WAH nail art pen in black
Matt Finish Topcoat, Rimmel London PRO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: