Saturday 1 October 2011

Last day of Sunny September.

On Thursday I made a trip down to Beare Green to stay with Moon before heading down to Portsmouth for the day with him on Friday. He is technically still a University of Portsmouth student so he was heading down to see his tutor for some advice on his dissertation; I just decided I would go with him because I had nothing else to do and wanted to get out of New Malden while the weather was nice.

As usual my journey to Beare Green began by being ripped off and not having anyone check my ticket, there goes another £4.70 I will never see again.
It can seem like quite a long journey and I don't carry my iPod with me anymore because I'm very indecisive when it comes to music and it stresses me out having to change tracks all the time (I know how that sounds but I don't know how else to explain it). To pass a bit of time I pulled out my scrapbook and drew this guy:
He may look odd but he actually holds a resemblance to his real-life counterpart, a guy I saw in Tescos a few days previously, he was wearing a trench coat and thick jeans everything and it was 25°C+ outside... and he had the biggest pecks I've ever seen, despite his dickhead hipster glasses.


We kind of planned to go out, but we didn't, which I may or may not have been kind of pleased about because it meant I could watch 'Educating Essex', which I've decided I love. It's similar to 'The Hotel' but with a better story arc, it makes me feel so nostalgic for school days.

The drive down to Portsmouth involved encountering every possible motor-driven hinderance, a horse-box, tractors and even a milk float! There was even a queue to get to Portsmouth, no doubt due to to coast-loving sun-worshippers. I was surprised though, I would easily put both Brighton and Bournemouth above Portsmouth in order of South-coast seaside preference. If we had 'real' free time and didn't need to go that way, we definitely wouldn't be picking Portsmouth. I can't wait for Moon to be finished with his dissertation and for both of us to have jobs so we can go anywhere we want in our free time and never worry about anything.


After Moon's meeting we had a walk along the seafront.



We saw some weird acorns on our walk, the cups were massive but the acorns were really smooshed and tiny.

This is the window display of a thrift store on Elm Grove in Southsea. Hipsters are everywhere (I definitely would have had a look in if it was open).


After our walk we headed back to Moon's brother Edward's house to grab some dinner with Edward and his girlfriend. In case you didn't know, Edward has taken over the house we had last year and therefore now has the our old landlord (Mother JV). One thing that was a noticeable alteration to the house since we moved out was the kitchen tiles. When cleaning the once black kitchen tiles we found the black came off with the cleaning products, revealing that the tiles used to be yellow.
JV's response? 'I knew that would probably happen.'
JV's reaction? Remove all the black tile paint from that section of the kitchen and leave it yellow but leave the rest of the unaffected black tiles alone.
It does at least look better than how flakey it was when we had it, but the whole process is a bit half-arsed at the same time..

We went to the Belle Isle for dinner, OMYGOSH, so good.



We then took nearly 2 hours to make the normally hour and 15 minutes journey back to New Malden. It wasn't due to traffic, just down to making a wrong turn and having an idiot for a SatNav, we could have driven back to Moon's and gone on to New Malden and it would have been faster.

I spent this afternoon in Kingston buying party supplies for my sister's 18th birthday family gathering tomorrow. She turned 18 yesterday and I don't even know how it's happened, it's as though she is now a constant reminder of how old I am. At least we have nice weather, I can't believe it's October now, apparently it will be snowing by November, it's enjoyable, but odd.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: