Monday 3 October 2011

My sister turned 18.


A cake my sister's friends made for her.

It was my sister's birthday on Friday and to celebrate it we had a few members of our family over to our house yesterday. This was the first time we've properly entertained since moving here and I think that it will be much easier once my mum has stopped working and stops worrying about the restaurant. She really did out-do herself with the food though, it was so delicious.
I love putting together gatherings and putting out snacks and decorations. I may or may not be in constant training for my future housewarming.





This is the birthday card I got for my sister. I'm proud of this on so many levels, I mean what I wrote inside isn't too badly presented either.




It was a fairly big birthday, so my sister was showered with gifts, which I think she secretly enjoyed, despite telling everyone that she didn't want anything.



What did I tell you about the food?



My cousin, Tina and my auntie on my mum's side arrived and brought these cuties, I took the opportunity to take a few natural portraits.






Wing Yip cake


We may have had a small tantrum over the disappointment of being told who's birthday it was and how it was the birthday girl's job to blow out the candles. This was very quickly eased by sister's graciousness to share her candle-blowing duties.




We were actually allowed to keep a bit of cake leftover yesterday, unlike on my birthday when we were were forced to give it away. :(

I thought the sunset was particularly lovely and a nice way to round up the day.

As I mentioned, we watched Drive last night (which was worth the wait) and then the X Factor - the results of which I am unsatisfied with. I bought crazy straws for the party but no one used them, so I insisted that Moon and I used them for the first drink we had once everyone had left, this is his second drink, he apparently just loves straws.

Something perhaps worth mentioning:
While watching 'Drive' yesterday evening, we had the windows wide open due to the heat, so there was a fair amount of outside noise. One noise in particular stood out, a 'baa', apparently there's a man who likes to drive into our road and actually take two sheep for a walk. I must see if I can get a spying shot next week (if it even is a weekly thing).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: