Tuesday 25 October 2011

Crashing and burning.

At least my writing skills are up to scratch, because I'm fairly certain that's the only aspect of the interview I've just returned from that was a success. I've bought a custard crown to console myself, I've never had a worse interview. I already know the response/lack of.
"Ruth is a nice girl, who will be a great success in her life, but she's just not what we're looking for." The interview was through a customer at my mum's restaurant, it's so embarrassing.
It's fairly obvious why in terms of this role (a costs administrator), but it really is the story of my life for the last four months. I was told in this interview that were I to be going for a photography role, I would get it because my experience is awesome, I felt like blurting out, 'WELL THAT ISN'T THE CASE IS IT?!', but I wish it was...

The thing is, I am looking forward to being a picture desk intern, I really am, I can't think of any job that I have applied for that's come up that I've wanted more and I'm so happy I seem to have got it. However, the fact of the matter is, I need to sustain myself financially too and working for expenses isn't going to cut it forever. I'm seriously banking on this being a whirlwind and worthwhile experience.
"Over-qualified photographer and all-round nice girl seeks run-of-the-mill job to buy Christmas presents for family and justify buying an iPad."
My last attempt at freelancing is placing my new (and sexy) business cards on Supermarket noticeboards. I need to go to a networking event, I'm definitely over being intimidated.

1 comment:

  1. Here's some stuff what I writ about looking for work via social networks, it's got more reach than a supermarket notice board!
    http://blazingminds.co.uk/bashful-britons-shy-linkedin-facebook/
    http://www.icantinternet.org/2011/03/winning-way-employ-social-media-find-your-next-job/
    http://webmasterformat.com/blog/lost-in-linkedin

    You might think about tracking people down on google+ too, put your portfolio up and share it with potential employers, if they don't have anything they will probably know some-one who does and it'll be a better lead than a diner at your mum's restaurant!

    ReplyDelete

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: