Thursday 6 October 2011

634.

Last week I felt really motivated and I was posting a lot and taking a lot of photos, this week, I just feel kind of flat. It's becoming increasingly difficult to maintain the get-up-and-go required to sustain a job hunt of this length.

I understand the need to possibly settle for less than I want but I also wonder how bad of me it is to not want to settle. I have begun to wonder what those who are perhaps following my ongoing job hunt think of me, Boots won't even call me back. I haven't even been able to get any freelance work, but I have tried less and less as time has gone on. I don't even know where the time has gone and despite my summer travels, everything just feels like one massive, rude reality check.

I don't know how difficult it is for companies to simply respond to emails with a 'we got this' confirmation, a real one, just so you know that you're actually getting through to someone. I may have applied to my dream job this week, but they won't even answer the phone to confirm. I'm much better on the phone than I am in emails.

I just want a break and I want to be happy.

I promise I'll stop being 15 soon and post something nice.

2 comments:

  1. Have you tried using LinkedIn for work? I made a profile, searched for jobs and within 2 weeks had 3 interview offers and now start a new job next week. It is really really useful as a tool and will 100% change the way you think about the media industry. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have LinkedIn, but some people are luckier with some social media platforms than others. I've found LinkedIn less useful than even Twitter. I think it would be a good idea for me to take a couple of days off from it all, may be a defeatist way to look at things but at least it will give me some time to calm down and work on my portfolio - something I actually want to do.

    ReplyDelete

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: